A multimedia network for Audio, video and Internet requires a stable connection. Optical network technologies are known as most stable, safe and reliable. The homefibre system is a modular home network concept which utilizes Polymer Optical Fiber (POF) as the preferred transmission media. On your requirements it is possible to integrate devices like network enabled TV’s, PC’s, digital Video recorder,… as well as different transmission technologies (e.g. WLAN, Ethernet,…) into your own home network. Using a Homefibre system, each household can benefit from an easy to install and low cost optical network technology.
With POF cabling we achieve a stable connection between modem and end devices. Therefore we are also able to use WLAN Access Points in defined areas and combine both technologies in an ideal way.
- The electrical signal (IP – Packets) will be converted to an optical signal at the mediaconverter and sent over the Polymer Optical Fiber (or Plasticfiber). At the receiver the optical signal will be converted back to an electrical signal.
Benefits of POF wiring:
- POF Cable can be installed parallel with electrical wires
- Due to the optical and galvanic isolated transmission media, no grounding issues can impact the data network.
- The optical cable ensures full lighting protection on the data cable
- Ideal for retrofitting and combining it with WLAN Access Points
- connector less termination: easy and fast!
- Each network device or connected WLAN Access Point receives the full 100 Mbps data
rate. The network performance is not limited by a "shared medium effect".
- The thin POF cable can also be installed outside the electrical installation in a hidden way.
Homefibre provides a set of products and system solutions for the installation of optical in-house- broadband networks. We support your electrican and network-engineer at implementing your own project.